Michigan Court System
Northern Community Mediation offered a series on the Court System in the state of Michigan. With the exception of the first session on the Michigan Court System in general, the other sessions were recorded. These recordings are available at a cost of $5.00 per session. If you are interested in viewing these sessions, contact NCM at 231.487.1771
- The Michigan Court System on Thursday, October 12 from 9:00am to 10:30am. Judge Joe Hayes from 33rd Circuit Court was the presenter. This will be the first in the series.
- Circuit Court on Thursday, October 19 from 9:00am to 10:30am. Judge Jennifer Deegan from 57th Circuit Court was the presenter.
- Friend of the Court on Friday, October 20 from 9:00am to 10:30am. Amanda Guarisco was the facilitator.
- Probate Court on Friday, October 27 from 9:00am to 10:30am. Judge Valerie Snyder from 7th Probate Court and Court Administrator Matt Miller were the presenters.
- Tribal Court on Friday, November 3 from 9:00am to 10:00am. Judge JoAnne Cook was the presenter.
- District Court & Small Claims from 9:00am to 10:30am on Friday, November 17. Judge Angela Lasher and Civil Court Administrator Wendy Viles from 90th District Court were the presenters.
Yet to be scheduled is the following:
- The Federal Court System. The presenter is yet to be determined.
Once the final session has been scheduled, it will be posted on this website. E-mail notifications will be sent out as well.
Forty-Hour, General Civil Mediation Training
This training is required by the State Court Administrative Office in order to be a mediator in the state of Michigan. Northern Community Mediation plans to offer a hybrid version.
The first 20 hours will be via zoom on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, September 18 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 19 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday, September 20 8:30m – 5:00pm
The second 20 hours will be in person on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, September 25 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 26 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday, September 27 8:30am – 5:00pm
Registration information and other details will be posted after the first of the year.
State of Michigan
General Civil and Domestic Relations Trainings
Through the Behavioral Health Mediation Services grant, the Oakland Mediation Center is offering both a 40-hour, general civil mediation training and a 48-hour, domestic relations mediator training via Zoom. Further information and registration details are available by clicking on the link below: